Christians in Practice is a research project exploring how Christians connect their discipleship to their engagement in communities and neighbourhoods. Based on research with over 1000 worshippers and 32 Anglican congregations in the Dioceses of Birmingham and Lichfield, it seeks to understand:
• What Christians do to help others in their communities;
• What motivates them to become involved and what the barriers to involvement are;
• What connections they make between these activities and their faith;
• In what ways community involvement helps them grow and learn;
• In what ways they feel supported by their local church in this work, and how churches might support this better.